Harman p38+ rear metal shields

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BREED77

Jan 4, 2013
I love my p38. Had it now going on my fifth season, but dread taking off the four metal shields in the back to clean and inspect. I find it a real pain in the rear to re install them. I'm leaving the bottom center off. Does anyone see a problem with this. The only thing I see them doing is preventing a little dust and sound dampening.

Shouldn't be a problem BUT, if your goal is to keep it clean back there, it may not be the best choice.

The side panels are very easy, providing you don't take the screws out. The older units may be different(too lazy to check my older one right now) but the newer ones have a different setup. You just have to loosen the screws a bit and slide the shield out from under the head. Can't really explain it more technically but have a look. Took me a while to notice this myself as my fat head can't really fit in there in my main floor install. I'd suspect they're all this way. Makes it very easy.

I` ve taken mine off numerous times and they go back on easily but for having to line up the screwholes to the screws. Of course I have to lay on my side but it`s a reasonably easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.