Harman P38 Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
Searched thru the forums. Can anyone recommend a simple thermostat that works for the P38+ ?? Thanks

Thanks, But looking for non-programmable....

I have an older P38, a have a Robert Shaw thermostat. It's just a mechanical thermostat. Another forum member used that and it worked, so I ordered one. I think it came from Calif. After I got I realized that HD & Lowes have them that are the same and a lot cheaper. I think they cost about $12. It is a basic mechanical thermostat. It is rectangle shape and has a sliding lever on the top. Try those, I think they will work.

Tom C.

Thanks I'll check it out.....

I tried a simple stat on my Advance. I was a little worried about the high temp of the stove after it cycled off. The inside of the hopper was too hot to touch. Do I need to worry about his? Any input appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.