Harman P43 - Attaching Vent Pipe Adapter - Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert S

Oct 11, 2014
Salem, MA
Greetings All, I just purchased a P43 and the Ventis exhaust pipe system. I found no guidance on how to attach/secure the adapter (made by Ventis) onto the stove. Do I just silicone it into place ? The piece of the stove that this adapter fits onto is made (I think) of cast iron .... so I am hesitant to secure this adapter to it with screws.
Thanks. Bob

High Temp silicone is all I have used

Yep. High temperature silicone. Run a bead on the inside of the adapter where it connects to the stove. Smack it onto the stove collar as tight as you can. Then I like to smear some all around the outside to cover the seam. You're gonna love that stove. We just put in a P61A. Couldn't be happier.

Thank you for the responses. Is the High-Temp silicone you get at an auto parts store acceptable (the package said it was good to 600 degrees F)..... or do I need something with a higher temperature rating ?
Thanks. Bob

600F rating will be fine.

I used high temp sealant and one sheet metal screw

Status
Not open for further replies.