Harman P43 Buzzing/Humming Sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1024

Aug 31, 2016
WOOD
Started this morning. Very faint buzzing/humming during operation. Fan on full tilt. Constant. Thoughts?

The screws on one of the cover plates in the back are loose. Maybe a couple of pellets fell down into the blades of the convention fan.
Ron

Reactions: bogieb
Started this morning. Very faint buzzing/humming during operation. Fan on full tilt. Constant. Thoughts?

I have a new Timber Ridge 55-TRPIP that started doing the same thing, I am assuming that the motor is bad and am going to replace it.

There are 2 cover plates at the back of the stove at the bottom. Each one covers half of the bottom rear of the stove. There are 3 sheet metal screws that hold each oe on. If they aren't completely tight the cover tends to vibrate. Also if you take the cover on the left off you can look inside the convection blower at the fan and see if there is anything in there that could cause it to vibrate. When dumping pellets in it's possible some pellets can fall through the void between the stove and pellet storage box to the bottom and bounce into the fan. I cleaned mine last week and there was a pellet in there.
Ron

I just change my combustion blower because it was buzzing. Does the noise follow tempo with fan speed?
No. In fact, I just turned down my blower all the way down and can now hear the buzz even more. Maybe when the fan was on, it masked a lot of the actual buzzing going on.

Well the combustion fan wont change much. Get down and dirty and clean the impeller and get around back and see if you can blow out the windings of dust bunnies if possible. Good luck

Well the combustion fan wont change much. Get down and dirty and clean the impeller and get around back and see if you can blow out the windings of dust bunnies if possible. Good luck

Yep.....you can let it cool down and just give the combustion impeller and spin by hand and you'll know right away. mine ran fine all last year but it was buzzing. I replaced it but kept the old one as an emergency back up unit. nice and quiet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.