Harman P43 combustion blower mounting screws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

caff3in3

Feb 4, 2014
halifax, nova scotia
Hi all,

First off, thank you to everyone here. I was able to get my old combustion blower removed thanks to some of the advice on here.

I do have one more problem that I didnt find an answer to. One of the mounting screws was broken during the removal and I am looking for some advice on where I may be able to find one locally. Has anyone been able to find a suitable replacement at a hardware store or did you have to order one from a shop that specializes in pellet stoves?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I am hoping to avoid having to wait weeks to get some shipped to me.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Bob. I did find them online but was hoping there would be an equivalent that Home Depot or somewhere similar may have. It takes weeks to have something shipped from the US to Canada....and it is getting chilly up here!!

Don't know if it's applicable to a Harman combustion blower assembly but... I put fender washers under each screw when I remove and replace mine (6039 HF) for cleaning and I always apply a bit of never seize to each one to facilitate removal at a later date.

The fender washers spread out the clamping force over a wider area so they don't have to be as tight and I use just my 1/2" square drive plastic handle tightener to tighten them. Makes for much easier removal down the line. Mine comes out every spring before mothballing the unit for the summer to be cleaned (along with the room air blower and auger motors,

Ah,Canada. Just get a long screw from a hardware store,same thread, just will have the head sticking into the firebox.

I tapered phillips head screw works fine. Take a nut (I think it is a #6?) and get a screw and nut. About $2 for a pack of them. Nothing special needed

Reactions: railfanron