Harman P43 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekki

Sep 16, 2013
NH
Hi, I just purchased a new Harman P43 for my home. It is a 1 story 1200 sq ft ranch. I have some questions before I install the new stove,

1. Is it better to use 4" vent pipe? I searched the internet for a retailer who sell the ICC excel pipe, but one site only sell the 3" ICC excel pipe, not the 4". I have a Enviro Maxx in the barn that uses 4" pipe. Is the Harman P43 exhaust port 3" or 4" ?

2. The Enviro Maxx is vented straight out the wall, with no outside air kit. The barn is 840 sq ft downstair, open space everywhere. Although the Enviro Maxx didn't burn very good last year; I had to clean the cloudy glass daily. Do I need an outside air kit for the house? If so, can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a quality OAK ?

3. For the Harman installation, the terminal vent cap will be facing the windy side of the house. Is that going to be a problem? Also, the I have a sliding door that is next to the stove. Only 1 side of the sliding door opened. I don't have much room anywhere to put this stove. I read in the manual that the vent cap should be at least 48" from any opening door/window. The vent cap will be positioned to the right of the unopened sliding door.

Thanks for the help.

Stove only requires 3 inch. Exhaust being 4 foot away from opening should be ok. I have a stove in the same situation. Termination may need to be extended away from house to prevent to much preasure screwing with vacuum switch. You can get exhausting that will have the oak included. Install is not that hard. Congrats.

The Harman OAK is pretty slick. You should be able to get it from the dealer you bought your stove from. My termination is on the windy side of the house and I've no draft issues whatsoever. I have one of those "turbo" caps as well. Don't know if it actually does anything, but it looks cool. My slider is also in fairly close proximity to the termination. If I open it, I'll sometimes get some smell in the house, but I pride myself on keeping it shut during heating season ;) Follow the clearance specs in the manual and you should be all set.
Congrats on the new stove. Great choice

Checkout Selkirk DT pellet venting, it solves those problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.