1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman p43 on craigslist

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by john193, Jan 26, 2013.

1. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    That's about what just the stove goes for. Depending what's there for pipe, etc $2100 sounds like a much better price.

Insulated or not, that stove would heat your basement nicely. If it is insulated, or better yet finished, it would be a walk in the park.
  3. silverfox103

silverfox103 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Littleton, NH
    You could buy a new one for probably less than that, with a guarantee. He's dreaming. All the stuff he is including, he is just throwing that in. It really doesn't add to the value. That piping may or may not work, the hearth and a few bags of pellet? Please. I would think about it, at about $1700. It's a used stove; just like buying a new car off of the lot. It looses value.

Tom C.
  4. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    I was thinking of offering 1500 just for the stove. Seems my price point wasn't too far off.
  5. silverfox103

silverfox103 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Littleton, NH
    That would be pretty fair to me, John. Good luck, as I think he has it in his head that it is worth more than it actually is.

Tom C.
  6. boosted3g

boosted3g Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central PA
    That price is way out of line. My dealer has them sitting on the floor for that price new.
  7. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Get a quote from a dealer. Can use that to show your not just hardballing. Warranty is for original install site only. There's was a p43 with ton of pellets, venting and hearth 2years old and had detailed dealer purchase order on CL in Mn for 1400.
  8. Bkins

Bkins Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jersey Shore
    Might also point out that the pipe can be a major PIA to reuse, only if pipe sealant was used on it. This person is in for a awakening on whats it worth on the open market as it doesn't mean squat what someone paid for it. How much of the $4 large was for labor? Just trying to help you with some fighting words. See also if the home is listed, or sold yet as that will also tell you how motivated the seller has to be.
  9. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    I'm afraid my realistic price is just going to offend the owner...
  10. Mdw1219

Mdw1219 New Member

Loc:
    Suffern NY
    I just purchased that same stove this week, with the trim kit and the bluestone on the bottom for 2,900.00. And that's with tax. Soo ya he's way high, not sure about the pipe either if I were you I wouldn't trust using used pipe, I would buy new just for my own piece of mind knowing it is new and I installed it. if your willing to toss 2000 or so on a used stove, buy new. Anyways that's my 2 cents. If your set on used offer him 1500.00 if he says no, no harm no foul.
  11. RCCARPS

RCCARPS New Member

Loc:
    South Eastern PA
    My local shop (Southeastern PA) just quoted me a new P43 for $2688, $3700 installed in a basement application, direct vent through the wall. The listing is still active, so its obvious he is a bit high. Plus I think Harman is still giving a $100 coupon on a new unit, which would bring it down to $2588 (plus tax).

RC
  12. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    Yea, very high compared to what you guys are being quoted. Unfortunately the boss lady does not like the looks, so it's back to the drawing board.
  13. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

too much.....$1500
  14. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    number seems pretty random I think he/she owes someone some money