Harman p43 ordered!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats - you will love it!

Of course we need pics when the big day arrives.

Tired of working on an ESW............. C'mon, now. Never heard of that.;) bogieb, Hasn't a clue either............ There's my poke! Touche' :ZZZI play nice but had a bunch of .02's jingling in my pocket and thought I'd throw a little Holiday Jingle out there. All in good fun, of course.

Jason, you will understand all of the Harman hype very soon my friend. Just in time for the real cold stuff too. Congrats! You have sleds and you have sleighs.

congrats! I cannot comment on the englander, but you will like your P43!

:) Working on an ESW stove is part of the fun. Maybe if I weren't retired I would think different?

Reactions: bags
:) Working on an ESW stove is part of the fun. Maybe if I weren't retired I would think different?
Must be nice! There is not enough time in a day for me. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Self employed, 3 kids, wife, farm, too may things to upkeep for me on a slow rainy day. My to do list will never disappear. Going to pellets has lightened my load tremendously vs. heating with wood as I had in years past. I'm on a working vacation now!

ha, that's great.
I installed mine last New Years day.
beast investment I've ever made for my house.
You're gonna love it

i love the way my englander heats my house but I'm already sick of fighting with it. Hopefully I will install New Years day!
The battle will be over ! Congrats ! With my P61 I've stretched my cleanings this year to every 10 days to even two weeks depending on pellets and burning conditions. Last year it was new to me and I was a worry wart, lucky to go a week without feeling I must clean it. I do brush the ash down now and then now even but that is nothing, don't even shut the stove down.The biggest thing you will need to learn how to do is not tinker, just let it run !!! Harmans run themselves, set it forget it..

Thanks guys, Really looking foreward to it. Englander stoves will have a place in my home, just not as my main source of heat.

Your gonna love it!You will never forget your first Harman;)

Tired of working on an ESW............. C'mon, now. Never heard of that.;) bogieb, Hasn't a clue either............ There's my poke! Touche' :ZZZI play nice but had a bunch of .02's jingling in my pocket and thought I'd throw a little Holiday Jingle out there. All in good fun, of course.

Jason, you will understand all of the Harman hype very soon my friend. Just in time for the real cold stuff too. Congrats! You have sleds and you have sleighs.

Heck, I didn't even bother working on the Englander at all; I installed it (bought used from a friend of my EX - should have been my first clue hu? ;)), it worked twice, and the combustion motor died on the 3rd fire up. Sold it on CL and stepped up to something more solid in the St. Croix. Still wish I could have swung another Harman though.

Bags has it right - you will understand why all us Harman owners swoon over them.

Reactions: Big papa
Congrats, your gonna love it, easiest stove to maintain that I have ever owned.

i love the way my englander heats my house but I'm already sick of fighting with it. Hopefully I will install New Years day!
After buying my harman boredom set In pretty fast.nothing to do just wait for the stove to be cleaned when it finally gets dirty enough.welcome to the harman gang hope you enjoy your new stove

Reactions: F4jock and bogieb
New pad is 99% done, I have to direct vent because of EVL after little offset I had to make to match up the exhaust to the thimble, but piping is done is done, UPS is plugged in, now I just have to wait for the stove to arrive today and finish up install after work!

Reactions: bags and bogieb
The battle will be over ! Congrats ! With my P61 I've stretched my cleanings this year to every 10 days to even two weeks depending on pellets and burning conditions. Last year it was new to me and I was a worry wart, lucky to go a week without feeling I must clean it. I do brush the ash down now and then now even but that is nothing, don't even shut the stove down.The biggest thing you will need to learn how to do is not tinker, just let it run !!! Harmans run themselves, set it forget it..
I just went five weeks between cleanings with my Harman Accentra insert and it wasn't bad at that. Pellets have lots to do with that of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: bags
I just went five weeks between cleanings with my Harman Accentra insert and it wasn't ad at that. Pellets have lots to do with that of course.
Yes every two weeks here with Energex Hardwood ( good heat but 1% ash, so pretty ashy).. DF's go a month.

I just picked up a few bags of Green Supreme, I had to try since everyone says they are so terrible. Got to say so far less ash than the Energex and the bag says .4% ash so that pans out. Heat seems ok at 8300 BTU. What's the crap load of negative hype about then ? And these are convenient to me, right down the street from my house, don't have to travel and burn gas..

Yes every two weeks here with Energex Hardwood ( good heat but 1% ash, so pretty ashy).. DF's go a month.

I just picked up a few bags of Green Supreme, I had to try since everyone says they are so terrible. Got to say so far less ash than the Energex and the bag says .4% ash so that pans out. Heat seems ok at 8300 BTU. What's the crap load of negative hype about then ? And these are convenient to me, right down the street from my house, don't have to travel and burn gas..
Haven't burned them in a year or so and, as you know, quality can vary, but when I did they were an ash nightmare!

Reactions: alternativeheat
Haven't burned them in a year or so and, as you know, quality can vary, but when I did they were an ash nightmare!
Well we are just coming off of what seems like weeks of low burn time with mild weather. One day the stove shut down for a few hours even. All with the Energex and had plenty of ash going on. Hard to judge, the stove is in moderate burn right now, it was about 20 deg overnight. I've dealt with ashy real crap box pellets in the past, these don't seem that way at least. One brand nearly filled my P61 ash pan in less than a week they were so bad. We shall see I only bought 4 bags. I'm just trying to make it into Jan without tapping into my Okie DF's I have for the real cold if it comes.

Well we are just coming off of what seems like weeks of low burn time with mild weather. One day the stove shut down for a few hours even. All with the Energex and had plenty of ash going on. Hard to judge, the stove is in moderate burn right now, it was about 20 deg overnight. I've dealt with ashy real crap box pellets in the past, these don't seem that way at least. One brand nearly filled my P61 ash pan in less than a week they were so bad. We shall see I only bought 4 bags. I'm just trying to make it into Jan without tapping into my Okie DF's I have for the real cold if it comes.
Funny isn't it? PA Pellets and Green Supreme used to do that same ash pan fill for me.

Funny isn't it? PA Pellets and Green Supreme used to do that same ash pan fill for me.
It's only the second bag in the hopper now so this will tell better than the last bag which have still been mixing with the Energex. It could be ash city in the stove by tonight !

Jason after having used a harman you'll be like englunder who?

Reactions: F4jock
Status
Not open for further replies.