Harman p43 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmh5996

Jan 11, 2010
pa
Planning on buying a p43 to replace my englander pellet stove. Need all feedback from p43 owners to help with my decision.

well, we sell them, and 2009 was a good p43 year. Very few issues..........actually, none that come to mind. We sold 42 of them last year.

solid stove, built on the dependable p38 body... very good price (@2500) and will outperform your old englander by miles. good choice!

Good stove. Works REALLY good if you keep up with
your maintenance...Scraping, brushing, vacuuming...
I have mine in my kitchen. It's on a slab in a walk-out basement,
on the south shore or a lake where the wind prevails from the north.
Colder than cold in January early February. This is the first year,
in the 25 that I've lived here, that I can walk barefoot in
that room without dancing due to the floor temp.
If you wait til after 1 March, I'm pretty sure HHT is gonna
take $200 off pricing across their product lines...

1st year with it and it just seems to work. Better than I expected actualy.
I was going to use my furnace when it got really cold but have not needed
to at all. You can hear the auger turn and the pellets plink but that might be standard issue
for pellet stoves, never had one before.
Over all better than I expected,heats my 2200 sq ft cape no troubles.

I've had mine since oct and it runs great.........i haven't turned the electric heat on all year, the stove heats my 2200 sq ft colonial no problem....keep it clean!

[quote author="cabinet guy" date="1267133641"]1st year with it and it just seems to work. Better than I expected actualy.
I was going to use my furnace when it got really cold but have not needed
to at all. You can hear the auger turn and the pellets plink but that might be standard issue
for pellet stoves, never had one before.
Over all better than I expected,heats my 2200 sq ft cape no troubles.[/quot

Pellets plinking? That would indicate that it isn`t a pusher type like the P38 and instead the pellets drop into the burnpot. Is this correct?

I think it is a 2 stage set up where the pelets drop onto a chute (plink) than slide into
the auger which pushes them into the burn pot. I think this creates seperation from the
fire to the pellet storage. Anyway it is the same as the p38 just with the auto start.
Somebody who knows for sure please correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.