Harman P43 Pressure Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet Boy

Jan 5, 2017
MA
Anybody run into a problem with your pressure or vacuum;

• I have replaced the pressure switch and the filter in the hopper
  • Cleaned stove thoroughly and pipes
Stove does not start on auto
  • Cleaned igniter also

Started stove with propane torch
  • Feeder will not run unless I cover the intake on the back so I guessing there is a vacuum problem
The only way to keep the feeder running is to cover the intake on the back but then the heat exchanger blower wont run When I turn to auto the blower come on and we get a lazy flame.

I took a cover and drilled 4 1/4 in hole in it which seem to keep it running for now.

I Am thinking a gasket may be leaking which introduces to much air with the intake wide open hence reducing the intake with the 4 hole cover appears to be the right pressure,.

Can anybody tell me if I am on the right track but it still doesn't solve the igniter problem I guess there are 2 issues here

Also I have had the stove for 6 years and was working fine when we fire her up for the first cold weather this problem just developed.
Ant thought or assistance would be appreciated

have you removed the fan cover behind the ash pan and cleaned fan and exhaust tunnel? Also is vent piping clean from the stove all the way thru the wall to the cap? Sounds like a plugged flue/vent pipe to me?

Thanks for the imput , I have done a complete cleaning of flue and stove. might have to break down and call service person

Is your hopper lid gasket good and free of pellets? Did you just remove the trap door on the side of the feeder to clean out the fines? If either of these are not secure and sealed it will give a vac leak. Had you just cleaned the stove prior to this problem or had you just come home and it was not running?