Harman P43 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HeatP43

Jan 4, 2017
Vermont
I have a Harman P43 in the home I am renting. I have never had a pellet stove before and I am having a couple issues with it. The first one is that the combustion fan will sometimes go on and off several times at the end of a cycle (running in room mode). I understand that it is supposed to keep running until the fire is completely out but it will shut off for a minute or so then come back on for a minute, then off again, etc. What would cause this? I have looked through the manual but it didn't help.
In addition to that, lately when I clean the burn pot out I am finding pellets that are not completely burned. I turned the feed down to #3 but it didn't seem to make a difference. Also the glass gets super black and sooty just days after I clean it. What am I doing wrong?