Harman p43 vs p61 sound level

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty much the same...all same components.

My sisters 68 seems to be a lot quieter than my 61. Aren't the components the the same as well?

have a P61A..
Sounds to me like it is supposed to. An Appliance with motors.
a small distribution fan for blowing heat our way.
a small exhaust fan inside to remove smoke..
nothing loud going on with the P61A.
No worse than a ceiling fan....
I sit next to it many nights and don't even notice it//

My sisters 68 seems to be a lot quieter than my 61. Aren't the components the the same as well?

The P68 has a larger burn pot and a faster auger motor 6 RPM. All other components are the same as a P61 !

It's still running fine, same as it was when we first got it. It just seems quieter. It could be the difference in acoustics in the rooms.

I thought my P68 was loud on high when I first got it. Now I never notice it. I leave it on high for max efficency. I think you just tune it out. I have a grandmother clock that I never hear chime as well very often but it does every 15 minutes. :) Your brain deems it inconsequential and filters the noise out and tunes into new and more interesting sounds. My wife says I turn her out at times and respond with uh-huh and sure...........:)

Status
Not open for further replies.