harman p43 vs. xxv (or accentra)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecats

Nov 9, 2013
MA
Hi guys,
Thanks to your help, we've decided we need to go brand new. People here want $2850 for '05 accentra.
Now it's the $$$ & value debate.
7 year old well insulated house.
500 sq ft finished basement w/ open stair case to 1500 sq ft maine floor w/ 6 small rooms.
Basement install (heat rising) room is 14 x 18... Not really expecting stove to do main floor, and don't want to be 'blasted out ' of basement room.
Love the look of xxv, love the safety of cast iron relative cool to the touch.
Like the price of the p43. ($1,000 less)

Will xxv at 55000 btu's blow us out of the room?
Will p43 get so hot to the touch that you need gloves to fill it ?

Noise?
Is xxv much quieter than p43?

So conflicted. I await your thoughts. Thanks

first of all, I praise your intelligence in deciding on a good name brand of stove......probably you're good looking too......maybe a professional athlete...anyways, I digress.....

the XXV, at 50,000 but/hr will outperform the P43. Both units are thermostatically regulated, so no, it shouldn't blow you out of the room. The XXV is also quieter than the P43. Two pluses of the P43 are they are cheaper and arguably easier to service because its easier to get at the fans in back.....the XXV distribution fan is tucked underneath the unit, and can be tricky to get out.

We have 1500 over full basement with the basement floor being heated. A small helper fan to keep the heat from pooling around the stove when it idles. About four degrees of difference between basement to upstairs.

Hi guys,
Thanks to your help, we've decided we need to go brand new. People here want $2850 for '05 accentra.
Now it's the $$$ & value debate.
7 year old well insulated house.
500 sq ft finished basement w/ open stair case to 1500 sq ft maine floor w/ 6 small rooms.
Basement install (heat rising) room is 14 x 18... Not really expecting stove to do main floor, and don't want to be 'blasted out ' of basement room.
Love the look of xxv, love the safety of cast iron relative cool to the touch.
Like the price of the p43. ($1,000 less)

Will xxv at 55000 btu's blow us out of the room?
Will p43 get so hot to the touch that you need gloves to fill it ?

Noise?
Is xxv much quieter than p43?

So conflicted. I await your thoughts. Thanks

I've never had to use gloves to fill my P-43; however, the highest setting I have run mine is is # 3 in stove temp mode.

You're not gonna need gloves to fill your hopper. It won't bite you.

You're not gonna need gloves to fill your hopper. It won't bite you.
If you don't keep the house warm Baily will.:)

Attachments

• DSCN0302.JPG
    DSCN0302.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: Sniz
Love that pic! Lol

2 years from now, what will you miss more, the XXV you did get or the $1000 extra you spent for the XXV? No wrong decision, go with your gut...

Status
Not open for further replies.