Harman P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
I just cleaned my Harman P43 and now its not operating correctly. In room temp It runs high all the time no matter where the controls are set the flame is to the top of the stove almost. I shut it down pulled the plug for a min and started it again and the same thing happens.

I put it in room temp and on low the flame is still to high any ideas?

Thanks,
Ed

Hey ed,
Have you tried running the stove in "stove temp" mode?
If it works as it should in stove temp mode, i would suspect the room temp sensor.
If it runs the same in stove temp mode as it does in room temp mode, i would look at the Exhaust Sensor Probe. ( ESP )
There has been alot of talk here about the harman ESP lately, check out some of the threads.
Any blinking lights?

my kneejerk on this is the ESP as well, just like above, but could also be a bad potentiometer on the circuitboard. try just tapping on the room temp/stove temp knob and see if it changes...most likely the ESP tho.

I put it in room temp and on low the flame is still to high any ideas?
Check your room temp probe wires, make sure they are connected, (you might have accidentally disconnected while cleaning) if they are then esp would also be my guess.

are you getting a "blink error" on the status light? 4 blink, for example would be a room temp sensor error....

all good advice above...but check to be sure you installed the wingnuts and the cover under the burnpot correctly if you cleaned out where the igniter is. That will also give you a very large uncontrollable fire.

Sorry I have not been back sooner. It did happen right after I cleaned it and I was worried I might have damaged the ESP. I put it on stove temp for a while and then switched it back and it worked better. It seems now to be working correctly. Could I have touched the ESP without damaging it and that did it is what did it? I always turn the wing nuts tight after cleaning in there. It works like it supposed to now so I am a bit puzzled. Thanks for all the rep[lies. ERS

ESP's can be a pain in the butt. Luckily they are not too much money, and are easy to replace. In the future pull the ESP out before you brush the exhaust port.

that's why i dont touch my esp..i just use the vac in the blow mode and blow it out the vent..comes out nice and clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.