Harman P45 Basement Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
DSCN0137.JPG Just humped the 2nd ton of pellets to feed the "Harman". Have a bunch of finishing touches yet to do. Have a crosslink to put in for when the weather gets colder to heat the slab.
DSCN0134

Any pics? Besides your Avatar?

Do you run the agitator with the pellets? Or is it removed and the Pellet pot in?

Looks nice down there. Pellets aren't far either ;)

Shot a computer-site friendly picture. Pellet pot without stirrer. No stirrer needed unless I add alot of corn. Will add about 5% corn when things get colder as it makes a nice hot magma pile. Have a multifuel pot, extra ash pan and the hopper extension is in the picture. Over 8 foot of vertical exaust draws probably to much and will have to adjust when I make a manometer but won't have to worry about power out venting.

Ahhh the old crosslink. Hows Tommy doing these days?

Nice stove.

Not just 1 PC45 but 2, you are a lucky dog. I run mine with the big hole pot, agitator in (first 2 pronges removed),and the front plate on. This seems to work well and I don't have to worry about the auger hole plugging up and the remaining pronges keep the ash stirred up and out of the pot.

The 2nd Harman I got via auction more for spare parts very cheap. It works great though and has replaced a countryside that was beyond reasonable repair in the garage. I may change pot configeration as the season gets colder. Its nice to have the pot options and spare as closest dealer is over 100 miles.

Earthsense Energy AKA "pellethead.com" is a great place for online parts if you ever need them. Good customer service and they usually have any part to me in a couple days. Never had my 45 go down but I do like spare parts.==c

"Never goes down" is what I found when I did online search, in fact very few complaints anywhere. Easy to maintain and lengthy period between cleanings sold me. Only negative so far is the period of time the exaust fan runs after shut down,five hours?

I think the newer ones run shorter( or so I've heard) maybe an hour, but my old one runs between 5&6 hours or until I unplug it and plug it back in.

I do that too, but hate what it could do to the brain box . Not very good for shouldering. Maybe someone has a better idea or solution?!

I don't know if it's hard on the board or not but I've done it dozens of times with no ill effects.

Reactions: Bioburner
Well I don't expect to have a problem in February when it's really cold because it won't get shut down except to clean starting in November. At least I have the one in the garage to swap if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.