Harman P60 new install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxymoron

Sep 9, 2009
Maine
Hello, I've just had a harman Hydroflex P60 installed, let me first start off by saying how impressed I am with it in the short amount of time it's been running.

One question I do have is concerning the max temperature setting. I've currently set mine to 175, but I notice that the temperature gauge on the boiler itself will go up to 190 and the boiler still isn't shutting down, it's running pellets through on a very slow/low flame. I let it get up to 200 once berfore shutting it down due to fear that I would be creating steam, and causing harm to my system. Am I misunderstanding what the max temp setting should be doing? I'm wondering if I have a bad aquastat, or maybe it's not running correctly?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hello, I've just had a harman Hydroflex P60 installed, let me first start off by saying how impressed I am with it in the short amount of time it's been running.

One question I do have is concerning the max temperature setting. I've currently set mine to 175, but I notice that the temperature gauge on the boiler itself will go up to 190 and the boiler still isn't shutting down, it's running pellets through on a very slow/low flame. I let it get up to 200 once berfore shutting it down due to fear that I would be creating steam, and causing harm to my system. Am I misunderstanding what the max temp setting should be doing? I'm wondering if I have a bad aquastat, or maybe it's not running correctly?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I have the PB 105 and I recall that the aquastat probe was not installed when the unit was delivered and installing that probe/sensor was to be done no the job site. If possible, that sensor may have been installed incorrectly in its heat well. My temp setting on the 105 is right on and if set for 175, the boiler will raise the temp to that setting and hold it there. If no heat is pulled off the boiler for a time period, the feed system with stop and the boiler will extinguish the fire until a call for heat is made. The other possibility is that the temp setting pot is not calibrated correctly and I don't know if that can be done without replacing the entire computer board. The dealer can manipulate some features of the computer with a plug in device.

Thanks for the information, I've included some pictures of the aquastat wire, where it's "connected" I say connected because it's just sitting in the hole below (which sits behind the control panel door)

2012-12-15

At the top of this picture is where the aquastat connects to the system board: (top of the picture, black and red wires)

2012-12-15

This is what the end of the cable looks like; again it doesn't connect to anything currently, it just sits in the hole shown above.

2012-12-15

And here are my settings on the front of the boiler:
photo.jpg

Thanks for your help on this.

Also I should note that I currently do not have the outside air sensor hooked up.

At the end of the cable wraped in heat shrink is the probe. Make sure that when inserted into the well it is pushed in all the way to the back. If it is not seated all the way into the well, you will get a incorrect temp reading.

Everyting looks okay but as said above make sure the probe is inserted to bottom for well. Could be your guage is not giving you an accurate reading. If you have an overheat or dump zone zone that should give you some protection. Has the boiler ever shut off when there is no call for heat? Mine will power down and dribble pellets for quite some time before it shuts off.

Status
Not open for further replies.