Harman P61-2 3 Blink Status, Feeder Motor won't run in Test Mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pjconnolly12

Dec 5, 2016
Hello,

I bought a new home in April with a Harman P61-2 Pellet Stove in it. This is my first time ever using a pellet stove so everything has been a learning experience. Since owning it I have burned about a ton of pellets and it was perfectly fine. Just last week it stopped feeding and we started to receive the 3 blink status. the steps I have taken so far with no resolution are:

Cleaned the Stove from top to bottom, including the ESP Probe, Exhaust Pipe, Feeder, Burn Pot, etc.

Replaced the ESP Probe, still didn't work.

The Feed Motor also won't run while in test mode, I am under the assumption that it should. Has anyone heard of a link between the two? I have put the stove into Manual mode and turned it on to check if the combustion blower works, which it does.

My next step would be to replace the control board, but will that resolve the Feed Motor issue as well? I find it highly unlikely all these parts broke at the same exact time, so I am looking for some sort of correlation between everything.

Any and all help is highly appreciated.

Normally, 3 blinks is the ESP. Did you match the wire color when you replaced it?
There are black wired ESPs & Red wired ESPs
& they are NOT interchangeable without making Dipswitch adjustments...

Here are some other troubleshooting tips from Harman...

Feed motor will not run in Low draft Install draft meter and verify draft settings. The draft differential switch
test mode. must have at least -.17" W.C. to close and allow power to the feed motor.

*Feed motor will only run for Faulty differential switch After verifying draft readings are correct, jump differential switch.
the first minute after turning Turn unit to test mode. If the feed motor runs check for obstruction
the unit to test mode* in differential switch tube. If no obstruction and the draft readings are
correct, replace the differential switch.

Faulty feed motor Verify when the feed motor light on the control is on voltage is present at
the feed motor. If voltage is present and the feed motor will not run, replace
the feed motor.

Faulty wiring Inspect / Repair stove wiring

Faulty circuit board Verify when the stove is turned to test mode the feed motor light is lit
for 1 minute. Verify voltage to the motor when the feed motor light is lit..

Reactions: bags and Lake Girl
Thanks for the quick response!

I did make sure to replace the ESP with the correct colored wire.

I will definitely look into your other suggestions tonight.

thanks!

Reactions: DAKSY
By the way, this may not help, but if any of the doors is open when you put it in test mode, the feeder will not feed.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.