Harman P61 2 flash status driving me bonkers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Kisinger

Oct 28, 2012
I have an older Harman P68. It has always worked like a champ other than a few replacement parts over the years. I cleaned it thoroughly this fall and started it up. It was working fine until this past weekend. I noticed it didn't seem to be reacting to the room temperature as it should. After some checking over I found the status light is blinking 2 times. I shut down and unplugged the stove and it seemed to reset. After a time it began flashing again. I began researching and found it relating to a jumper on the board at location J2. I removed the board and found that J2 did not have a jumper on it but a wire. I traced the wire to the vacuum switch. So I bypassed the vacuum switch. Still receiving the same error. I then pulled the control panel again and I unplugged the wire put a jumper on the J2. Still the same issue. There seems to be little information on this error. Any help would be appreciated. Cold weather is a comin'.

I checked my manual and there's no mention of a 2 blink error message. It lists 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Very curious indeed! Hopefully, someone else can tell us.

It seems some manuals make mention of this and others don't. I hope someone has some advice. Cold weather is coming.

http://www.squierlumber.com/pdfs/troubleshooting-guide_pellet-stoves.pdf

Stove in two blink status Stoves with a feeder position micro switch, check for proper operation of the micro-switch. Stoves without a feeder position micro-switch check for missing or loose jumper at J2 on the control board. The stove will not shut down while in a two blink status error.

If the wire from J2 was connected to the vacuum switch, and your stove doesn't have the micro-switch, I would try a new vacuum switch and/or check tube and barb. The wire is trying to receive info from the switch and is obviously not getting it ... I don't know if by-passing the vacuum switch would change that error.

Reactions: jackman
Perhaps I traced it wron and the wire is going to the micro switch. I'll need to check that tonight when I get home. Thanks for your input.

Well on top of everything else I have the model number wrong. I have a P61 not a P68. I'm not sure this makes a difference.

Anyone have any new information on this issue? I still have the same issue going on. The stove didn't run quite right all last winter. I've replaced the vacuum switch, the micro switch, I've thoroughly cleaned the stove. A Harman dealer told me the newer stoves don't even have a micro switch. I'm really frustrated with this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.