Harman P61 blue flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue is good. I have had one brand that can only get to green. It is the pellet content. My guess on my green is bug remnants in the pellets from ash bore trees that have been infected. Hotter for me and good use of damaged trees. If you have blue then good for you and never change brands. One hot pellet.
Green is usually copper.

Energex Hardwood and Maine Woods Blend both have given me a blue base to the flame. I don't recall off hand what other brands have done this. I'm burning the Energex now and a time last winter as well. The blue base to the flame is what drew me back to them. Incidentally both brands have their share of ash content. I'm thinking that also Tractor Supply's hardwood did this as well but that's a bit of fuzzy thinking, though I know they burned real hot..
yepper...
same blue flame here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.