Harman p61 Igniter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zcamper

Dec 11, 2014
I am trying to take my igniter out on my p61, it seems to be stuck in the cradle. Is there a trick to getting it out?

Thanks!

Sorry none of the Harman guru's have gotten back with you. Just giving you a bump so maybe one of them will see it. I have Harmans, but have never had to mess with the igniters.

I am trying to take my igniter out on my p61, it seems to be stuck in the cradle. Is there a trick to getting it out?

Thanks!

I don't have the same model. On mine I open the chamber under the burn pot and remove 2 screws to remove the igniter. I also have to remove the rear panel to cut the tie wrap securing the igniter wire. The wire is then pulled through the chamber to disconnect.

I just replaced my igniter on my Harman Advanced. This video should answer all your questions:

1. There are two screws right above the plate your removed to see the igniter. See this video
  2. Remove the two screws and the entire igniter cradle will drop down down with enough twisting.
  3. Next you will need to disconnect the igniter wires from the back of the stove. see video
  4. Pull out the cradle with igniter inside
  5. Remove igniter from cradle as shown in the video by twisting those metal tabs
  6. Watch next video to learn how to reconnect new igniter
BTW that is not my video.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I had realized after posting this and staring at my stove that there where two screws there, they blended with the burn pot pretty well. Once I got those out the started fell right out, now i just need to order a new one and replace it and how that solves my starting issues.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.