Harman P61 not running correct with new circuit board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thatguy69

Jan 11, 2016
mansfield ohio
My Harman P61 was built in 1998, stove has been great but last year I tried swapping in a new circuit board because I wanted the draft blower adjustment and I had read the updated algorithm may be more efficient. I originally tried running the black ESP and had the dipswitch on the board set accordingly. I dialed in the draft blower to spec with my manomteter but the stove wasn't burning for crap, and kept pushing pellets even with the feed rate turned all the way down. I thought maybe I had a bad ESP so I ordered a new black one, same thing. Ordered a red one, changed the dip switch on the board accordingly, same thing. Put the original board back in and she was running like a champ. Pictured is the original board I just put new potentiometers on. I would like to get this figured out so I have a backup board if needed, 25 years on a circuit board is a pretty good run and while i have high hopes for my original I always like to have a good backup plan.

20231018_180320.jpg 20231018_180347.jpg

Bump

I would contact whoever sold you the board and let them know what’s going on with the board. When I switched mine out it was seamless. Sounds like it may be defective

Reactions: thatguy69
I would contact whoever sold you the board and let them know what’s going on with the board. When I switched mine out it was seamless. Sounds like it may be defective
Yeah, unfortunately that was over a couple of years ago so Im up chit creek on that one I beleive.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I’d still contact them and explain the situation…most of these retailers are very reasonable

Is the new board an OEM Harman?