Harman p61 slider plate inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
I tried checking out my slider plate,to see if there is any discoloration on it. I took the cover off the fines box, and was able to lift the plate off the arm that moves it in and out, but it doesnt come out far enough to remove it, because it hits on the control board and its wires. Do I have to remove the control board, or am I missing something? Also, and ,just curious, where is the chain that drives the auger, and if need be, how do I get to it? Thank you.

freebird77 said:
I tried checking out my slider plate,to see if there is any discoloration on it. I took the cover off the fines box, and was able to lift the plate off the arm that moves it in and out, but it doesnt come out far enough to remove it, because it hits on the control board and its wires. Do I have to remove the control board, or am I missing something? Also, and ,just curious, where is the chain that drives the auger, and if need be, how do I get to it? Thank you.
P61 is a direct drive feed system, so there is no chain. If the control board is in the way, remove the two screws that hold the control board mounting plate, and just swing it out of the way (kinda like a door)

Status
Not open for further replies.