Harman P61 Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldp103

Nov 4, 2015
Middletown, CT
Hey guys,
I just purchased a home with a Harmon P61 in the basement. I will only be using the pellet stove once the temp gets below freezing outside so the pipes do not burst. I cleaned out the stove and vent behind the harmon and everything works good. this baby can put out some heat. The little space where the red arrow is pointing at, I can feel air coming back in into the house.My question is what type of silicone can I use to seal this back up. I noticed there are traces of old silicone around it from when the previous owner took off to clean the vent. Thanks for your help
Harman_1_A.jpg
Harman_2A.jpg

I would get a roll of self bonding silicone tape and give it a turn. It will seal it tight as the tape stretches and is easy to remove if ever necessary.
Welcome to the site

I would get a roll of self bonding silicone tape and give it a turn. It will seal it tight as the tape stretches and is easy to remove if ever necessary.
Welcome to the site

Thank you for the reply. I will buy some of that and give it a shot. Then when I need to remove the vent to clean I can just unwrap it. Thanks again

May not be able to just unwrap but can easily cut on the seem to unlock the pipe instead of trying to fight the goop and the silicone imbedded in the seam that will make the joint near impossible to take apart and always seems to have a pinhole to leak. No cure time is nice too.

Reactions: bogieb
Welcome to the forum. That stove will put out some heat and I think you will be happy with it. In the future you may think about putting it to work helping to heat floors above, but I'm sure this year whatever else you use as a heat source is cheaper than pellets. Also, it is a crap shoot whether you can get the heat to rise to the upper floors, but it might be good to experiment a little this year, to see if it can take over when oil prices go back up.

By the way, it is Harman :)

Status
Not open for further replies.