Harman P61 wont heat up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchy16

Jan 13, 2016
Mono, ON
I have a Harman P61. I have had this stove for about 5 years now and it has worked great until this year. Every now and then it wont heat up, even when the room cools off. I have tried increasing the heat pot, changing from stove temp to room temp, moving the room temp sensor, nothing seems to make a difference. Anybody have any suggestions? It was -25F last night and only 55F in the house when I got up. The wife is starting to get a little grumpy about it!

Reactions: Don2222
Are you using room temp or stove temp, manual or auto, what is the pellet rate set at? When you say it won't warm up is there no fire or is it just staying in maintenance burn (which is what it sounds like you are trying to say).

If it staying in maintenance burn, just for giggles, try jiggling the probe connection at the stove (you will feel when it "seats"). If it is bumped, or the probe is pulled abruptly, it can become slightly off kilter and the stove won't know what the temp probe is seeing, so will stay in maintenance burn.

I have a Harman P61. I have had this stove for about 5 years now and it has worked great until this year. Every now and then it wont heat up, even when the room cools off. I have tried increasing the heat pot, changing from stove temp to room temp, moving the room temp sensor, nothing seems to make a difference. Anybody have any suggestions? It was -25F last night and only 55F in the house when I got up. The wife is starting to get a little grumpy about it!
sounds simple but make sure the hopper lid is tight shut.. if not, it won't feed pellets due to vacuum leak.
also as said above, make sure the probe is attached tight in the back. Also need more info......................
" when u say, " won't heat up' what exactly do you mean... is it feeding pellets? not feeding pellets?
if not feeding pellets check bottom of the hopper to make sure pellets are not stacked or in a "dam" state pilled up and not dropping thru.
am sure others here will chime in with check lists...
also check the fines box in the back to see if it is cock full of sawdust/broken pellet pieces.
[This is only if " not feeding pellets]

Status
Not open for further replies.