harman p61a dial calibration doesn't seem to be same as last year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdez

Dec 29, 2009
eastern PA
hello all, i cleaned my stove at the end of last year and gave it a once over a few weeks ago in anticipation of using it for my 3rd year. the last few days i've been using it all day and when i was playing w the blower fan speed i noticed nothing was changing. the only way i can get the fan speed to go down is to go below the L (dial is off > L > H) in between off and L. then the fan goes down to low speed. i thought no biggie.... but today i had the stove set at ~68deg and looked at the thermostat on the wall and it said 80deg. the stove hadn't cycled off but it was at a VERY low maint burn most of the day. upstairs i was at 75deg.

I'm thinking something is up now that the thermostat and blower fan settings don't seem like they were last year. there's a slight chance it's just me but i'm thinking long and hard and don't remember anything like this last year. at the same time i went through about a bag today w/ 1850sqft ~32 deg all day w/ lowes cheat river pellets.

I think i should still have some warranty yet but wanted to see what the forum thought. thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.