Harman P61A feed rating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chud

Jan 6, 2011
Central/Southern maine
Can I keep the feed rating on my Harman P61A at the lowest setting? I am new at this and it seems to me the higher number setting simply means it feeds more pellets at a faster rate?

chud said:
Can I keep the feed rating on my Harman P61A at the lowest setting? I am new at this and it seems to me the higher number setting simply means it feeds more pellets at a faster rate?

It is a maximum feed rate limit, not the rate at which it will feed all of the time it is feeding.

The controller will control that. As the sensors on the stove indicate that the set point is being reached the stove will throttle back, if there is a large difference between what the sensors see and the set point the feed will be increased up to that maximum feed rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.