Harman P61A installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kzoo14

Mar 13, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI
I'm new to this forum and just installed a Harman P61A in the basement. That stove throws a lot of heat! Just wondering if most use the Room Temp or Stove Temp settings. Per the manual I have the feed rate set at 4 and the Room Temp at 75 degrees. Trying to maximize the heat versus pellet usage.

It's a personal preference. Try both settings and see what works best for you. Room temp manual works for me. Saves the life on your igniter also.

The dealer suggested I try the stove first without the Outside Air Kit. What's your opinion on that?
My dealer was all weird about the oak kit. So I got the tech cell and gnna have him to a side cash job in the summer. From what I researched oak is nothing but good.i have a p35i keep it on 4 feed rate and stove temp mode. I found on room temp it would eat more pellets and give more ash.congrats and get some pics .

The dealer suggested I try the stove first without the Outside Air Kit. What's your opinion on that?

When we bought our stove my dealer said that it wasn't needed. I had a bad draft coming down the stairs from the stove drawing air for combustion. I installed the OAK myself last year and no more draft. I wish I would have gotten the wall thimble with the OAK built in. Now I have two holes in the side of my home.

Welcome to the forum but.... we need those pics to verify that you do have a new Harman!;lol;lol

My dealer told me we didn't need the OAK (outside air kit). Boy was he wrong ... installed it myself. Stove is happier and so am I.

The above thread is only one of several on the benefits of OAKs... use the search feature if you want more:)

Just wondering if most use the Room Temp or Stove Temp settings. Per the manual I have the feed rate set at 4 and the Room Temp at 75 degrees.
You need to see what is best for your home on this
I run room manual when its cold (usually anything under 30 to 35 F) because I don't want the stove to go out.
When it is above that My home keeps the heat in well enough during the day time to where the stove will stay running but the blower shuts off in manual mode wasting pellets. That is when I switch it to auto mode and it will kick on when it needs to

Oh and yes as Lake girl said we need pics of that stove

basement dwelling stoves or stoves where the probe is likely to get struck by uneven air temps by drafts or cold flooring etc, in my experience, do better in Stove temp mode. You get a pretty constant heat output and lower pellet use in those situations. The key in either mode is to get to know how your stove works in it's given situation.

I use my p61a in room temp mode as well. My stove is in the family room and it does a good job of keeping a consistent temp 71+/-1F. Like other posters have said - manual when it's cold out and auto when it warms up. Enjoy and post some pics!!!

I went with the harman factory oak. Clean install. I've heard both sides of the oak argument, but figured better safe than sorry. My dealer tried talking me out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.