Harman P61A Issue Solved-Sort of_Any Ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

A while back I posted that the flame in my P61A flutters heavily, but smooths out when I open the hopper door. I keep it clean as a whistle, have a very short horizontal vent run, changed draft settings etc, nothing. On suggestion, I pulled the outside air intake hose off of the stove fitting, and the flame jumped. I looked in the air intake line, and aside from some mild cobwebs, there was nothing obstructing it. Being that I want to keep outside air hooked to the stove, any ideas? Thanks!

you could pull the air intake flapper itself off and re-install your outside air. I'm talking about taking just the little damper plate out not the whole intake. If you unbolt the damper housing that little flapper is a seperate piece that can be pulled out. Once that's out you can then re-install the intake housing. That might make a difference.

The guy at my stove shop said to just insert the outside air pipe very slightly as putting it in the whole way can interfere with the flapper on certain models.

richg said:
Gang,

A while back I posted that the flame in my P61A flutters heavily, but smooths out when I open the hopper door. I keep it clean as a whistle, have a very short horizontal vent run, changed draft settings etc, nothing. On suggestion, I pulled the outside air intake hose off of the stove fitting, and the flame jumped. I looked in the air intake line, and aside from some mild cobwebs, there was nothing obstructing it. Being that I want to keep outside air hooked to the stove, any ideas? Thanks!
is the end that leads outside open (no felt or any type of seal) at the thimble?
some have a seal that needs to be removed.
Some have posted the same problem here in the past and they thought it was a filter paper in the thimble..

EDIT check this old thread
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/5139/

Status
Not open for further replies.