Harman P61a pusher arm assy question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StovePig

Jan 11, 2014
MA
As I understand it this is the part that allows the pellets to fall into the auger chamber as the auger spins. My question is, is this a fail close door? Meaning if the power goes out will that door/arm close if it's in the open position? Is it possible for the fire to back travel into the hopper in the event of a power outage?

If my stove is off and the hopper empty the bottom is closed so that cover is the slide plate of the pusher arm assy no?

If my stove is off and the hopper empty the bottom is closed so that cover is the slide plate of the pusher arm assy no?
The slide plate is connected to the pusher arm. There is a specific purpose of the slide plate. England stove works had a similar auger and in their early days found that just having the one auger, it had a lot of Jams. Some manufacturer's went to a top load to prevent jams. Englander went to a top auger to limit the amount of pellets Into the bottom auger to prevent jams.
Harman went with a slide plate to limit the pellets into the auger chute to prevent auger jams!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.