Harman P61A question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jertola

Sep 20, 2013
Long Island
So I was doing my cleaning last night and ran into a hiccup. I partially stripped the hex screw that holds the combustion fan blade on the shaft. Now I can't get it tight enough to secure it in place. 10 min after I started my stove I heard it rubbing against the bracket. Now being Sunday, most stove shops are closed. Is it a big deal to go to Home Depot a find a small screw to temporarily fix this, or will that throw off the balance on this fan to much? Also, is this something a dealer would have? I don't want to go without my stove while it's on order. Thanks,
Justin

Where it is on the hub and such a small set screw if you can find one that will fit it should hold till you get a replacement. If you were removing the fan to clean behind just use a putty knife place it between the blades and slowly go around to scrape the back wall.

Where it is on the hub and such a small set screw if you can find one that will fit it should hold till you get a replacement. If you were removing the fan to clean behind just use a putty knife place it between the blades and slowly go around to scrape the back wall.

Actually I got lucky. Turns out it was the Allen key that stripped. Thx for advice. Next time I'll use the putty knife.

Your so close to the shaft that the extra weight wont matter much. Its when you go farther away from center that starts causing issues of balance.

That is a common sized set screw too you can get anywhere if you can get the old one out. Lowe's or any hardware store sells these Allen set screws in various sizes and depth. Use them all the time on Various door hardware and bath accessories too to mention a couple.

X 2 on the balance. No worries there for reasons stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.