1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P61A Vibration

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mgambuzza, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgambuzza

mgambuzza Member

Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    My P61A has started to vibrate heavily but intermittently whenever the auger is moving - the cycle where it pushes pellets. I have tried changing types of pellets to see if it is a particular kind, but all three result in the same. To find the source is it safe to open the back cover while stove is in operation in order to find location or source of vibration?

Also - is there anything that needs to be oiled or lubricated (preventative maint) on these stoves that is required annually such as motors or auger/drive shaft assemblies?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dougsey

Dougsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Epping, NH
    I had a noisy auger motor on my 10 day old Accentra. Dealer suggested I remove chain to see if noise continues (this takes the auger out of the equation). It was still noisy so I brought the auger motor to dealer for a new one. Problem gone.
  3. Kenny1

Kenny1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern ON
  4. Kenny1

Kenny1 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Eastern ON
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.