Harman p61a will not properly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KKremp

Jan 5, 2014
Barrhead Ab
A few days ago I tried to shut down my Harman p61a for a cleaning which was long overdue. I left it overnight to cool but in the morning the combustion and distribution blowers were still running. I unplugged it and tore it entirely apart to clean it. Removed entire stove pipe and pulled the esp probe to ensure everything was good. Now that its back together the blowers still run as soon as its plugged in, even though the switch is off. The stove will light and run well for a few minutes anyway. However the auger will not feed pellets fast enough even when turned all the way up. It normally runs at 3. There is also no change in the fan speed between high and low settings. Once its ran for a bit the fire burns very low in the pot. It has not thrown any error codes. It does work just not as it should. Help please. Last year I replaced the circuit board and esp probe. Could one of these be the culprit again?

That has happened to me in the past when I tried to shutdown. Do you have a surge supressor on it? If so, take it out of the line, unplug the stove for a minute or two, and try it again.

Then my guess, unless someone else has other suggestions, is either the probe or ESP wires need to be relanded or checked for continuity or the board is fried. There are people on ebay who will check and refurb the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.