Harman p68 and not shutting down???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeslover

Nov 20, 2009
upstate ny
Hello and thanks..I have a p68 that i purchased new around 4-5 years ago..I always run it on room temp in the auto setting, and once the room gets up to temp, the stove automaticly shuts off...now over the past few days the stove will not go into shutdown mode, unless I turn it off...Its almost like its stuck on the manual switch setting where it does not shut down..for example, its 72 in my house, I turned the dial down to 60 degrees, and 4 hours later, stove is still pushing out enough pellets to keep it running, where as before, it would have shut down... Is there a way to reset this? I have no lights blinking...I dont mind this, as im sure in the dead of winter, my stove is never gonna shut down anyways, but for this time of year it was very usefull, plus I dont know if its an underlying problem...How many things can it be? I figure the only thing that can be going is the circut board? are there any other parts that would lead to this? is there anything that I can do to reset it, and try again? thank you..

I'd suggest checking the ESP probe to make sure its not covered with ash or debris. The Probe won't allow the stove to shut down until that probe reads 90 °F . If theres ash on it, it will insulate the probe and it won't see the temp correctly.

ESP probe, room temp probe.....nice to get a DDM on that thing and see what they are actually reading

strange..I shut down stove manualy, and then restarted it, now its working fine again...very odd..Hopefully just a hicup....but gonna keep an eye on it...I dont feel like replacing a $300.00 circuit board...

not that high.....less than $200....but i would look at the probes first

yankeeslover said:
where is the room temp probe? is that the one that plugs into the back of the stove, and the esp one is the one inside the stove pipe?

exactly right.....Go Red Sox!

Status
Not open for further replies.