Harman P68 Ash Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomR

Nov 12, 2011
Central CT
Last month I purchased a Harman P68. I have really started using the stove heavily the last 2 weeks - mostly over night. I have noticed that when I run the stove over night that I am getting large clumps of ash developing on each side of the burn pot. The clumps are about half the side of my fist. Is this normal? Should I be running the stove differently? I'm using Stove Chow Pellets purchased from Home Depot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

no worries, its not that unusual, especially at fairly low settings. make sure to bash that material up and change the surface area so that anything burnable will burn up. you will notice different types and sized of clumps with different pellets.

I got the same on my P68 when I burned NEWP, not much with my Turman. No worries, I just used to open the door and quickly sweep it into the burn pot.

newf, What did u pay for turmans across the sound?

Just the brand of pellets your burning.

I always buy in April or May. Picked them up at CJs in Manchester for $257 a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.