1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P68 Ash Question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by TomR, Oct 11, 2012.

1. TomR

TomR New Member

Loc:
    Central CT
    Last month I purchased a Harman P68. I have really started using the stove heavily the last 2 weeks - mostly over night. I have noticed that when I run the stove over night that I am getting large clumps of ash developing on each side of the burn pot. The clumps are about half the side of my fist. Is this normal? Should I be running the stove differently? I'm using Stove Chow Pellets purchased from Home Depot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    no worries, its not that unusual, especially at fairly low settings. make sure to bash that material up and change the surface area so that anything burnable will burn up. you will notice different types and sized of clumps with different pellets.
  3. newf lover

newf lover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
    I got the same on my P68 when I burned NEWP, not much with my Turman. No worries, I just used to open the door and quickly sweep it into the burn pot.
  4. kykel

kykel Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    long Island
    newf, What did u pay for turmans across the sound?
  5. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    Just the brand of pellets your burning.
  6. newf lover

newf lover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
    I always buy in April or May. Picked them up at CJs in Manchester for $257 a ton.