Harman P68 auger won't run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The auger is running... After I cleaned up the fines box. Now it seems like I have a mechanical issue. When the auger is turning it makes a clink sound when it hits the black arm that is connected to the plate that was in the fines box
Not sure if I moved anything out of wack in the fines box.. There is a plate in there

Can have a bit more of a clink etc now that it not being muffled by all the fines. Auger doing a few short cycles has been discussed and is normal with some board programming.

Can have a bit more of a clink etc now that it not being muffled by all the fines. Auger doing a few short cycles has been discussed and is normal with some board programming.
Just ever recall the clink and it's when it hits the auger motor.. Short blips of the auger turning on could be a board dip switch problem... Should I put the switches the same as my old board

I would just leave well enough alone unless another issue. Helps with any possible burn back issue. Our stove does the same thing.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Not sure if I moved anything out of wack in the fines box.. There is a plate in there
That is the slide plate. It allows the pellets to drop into the auger tube. If you have never cleaned that fines box in 6 years that is a problem. There could be fines jammed everywhere. The best way to make sure the slide plate is working properly is to empty the hopper, take the fines box cover back off, lift the mechanical arm until you can slide the slide plate right out. BE CAREFUL there is a right side up and down to the slide plate. How aggressive were you in the cleaning of the fines box? Was it full?

Just ever recall the clink and it's when it hits the auger motor.. Short blips of the auger turning on could be a board dip switch problem... Should I put the switches the same as my old board
what did the instructions that came with the board say?

Also in initial startup the auger runs, as it normally does, but then after it shuts off the auger only comes on for a second or two.... From one issue to the next....ughhhh
Hang in there, at least we have it running....will it build a big fire?

That is the slide plate. It allows the pellets to drop into the auger tube. If you have never cleaned that fines box in 6 years that is a problem. There could be fines jammed everywhere. The best way to make sure the slide plate is working properly is to empty the hopper, take the fines box cover back off, lift the mechanical arm until you can slide the slide plate right out. BE CAREFUL there is a right side up and down to the slide plate. How aggressive were you in the cleaning of the fines box? Was it full?
Thanks!!! I fixed the noise because the slide plate was not connected back to the plate in the fine box. Must of disconnected when I cleaned it and it was full!! Funny thing is I had a outfit here clean the stove recently that never open or cleaned that box out. So now it is feeding pellets to the hopper but after initial start up the auger only gets on for a second and stops...

Thanks!!! I fixed the noise because the slide plate was not connected back to the plate in the fine box. Must of disconnected when I cleaned it and it was full!! Funny thing is I had a outfit here clean the stove recently that never open or cleaned that box out. So now it is feeding pellets to the hopper but after initial start up the auger only gets on for a second and stops...
Burn pot filling up with pellets but not igniting... Auger still turns on for a second and stops...

Stupid question. If I connect the esp probe backward on the control board would that be a issue... Just double checking
I don't think so

Yes I did get in

yes I did and I set the dip switches to the p68 with a 6 rpm auger... Different from what the switches were set with my original board
I may be back to my original issue when I had the outfit clean the stove. Igniter would not lite and I was having problem even trying to start up the stove in Manuel mode with some gel

I may be back to my original issue when I had the outfit clean the stove. Igniter would not lite and I was having problem even trying to start up the stove in Manuel mode with some gel
Will the stove light now in stove temp manual and stay lit?
At some point I've got to do my job here today so if my responses become delayed its because I actually have to get something done!!!

Will the stove light now in stove temp manual and stay lit?
At some point I've got to do my job here today so if my responses become delayed its because I actually have to get something done!!!
Ok..thank you!!!! I understand... I need to go back to work also...we have made some progress... I am going to try stove temp in Manuel mode...if this doesn't work I we be back at it tonight....

Ok..thank you!!!! I understand... I need to go back to work also...we have made some progress... I am going to try stove temp in Manuel mode...if this doesn't work I we be back at it tonight....
OK....
so your dip switches are set at off,off,on,off,on,off,on,on? Correct?

No...that's not what the paper said on, off, on, off, on, on, on, on..old board was off,off,off, off, on, off, on, on
Just tried your switch settings and auger does same thing..below is the sheet they sent me with the board

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.