Harman P68 combustion motor replacment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi All,
My P68 is going on 6yrs old and the combustion motor is starting to have some issues. A couple of weeks ago I starting hearing a "tinny" tic from it. I found one of the blades from the outer cooling fan was hitting the fan shroud. I bent it out a little, and it was fine for a couple of days. However it has started to make a whirling noise that is not normal. I shut the stove off and spun the shaft. It spins free with no noise. I can only guess that when running at speed there is play somewhere that causes the noise.
I don't want to take a chance the motor will die on me so I'm going to replace it.
It seems like it would be easy enough to replace myself, but before doing so I thought I'd ask those of you that have replaced one, are there any tips ,tricks, that you could pass on. Any problems I may encounter?
Thanks
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.