harman p68 distribution blower rattle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbmaine

Apr 4, 2009
USA
Hi All,
my 5yr old p68 has developed an intermittent "rattle" that I am pretty sure is coming from the distribution blower. It comes and goes as I vary the fan speed and will even start up when I open the hopper door to add more pellets.
I plan to pull it out and give it a once over the next time I shut the stove down, but I discovered the motor is very hot to the touch. Is this normal? I never noticed this before but can't ever remember feeling the motor while it was running.
thanks
Jim

The heat coming from the distribution fan motor is normal. Mine gets too hot to touch as well. This was my 6th season with the P68 and mine also developed the rattle you describe. Took it off, opened it up, applied a little 3-in-1 oil, put it back together and re-attached, no more rattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.