Harman P68 Distribution - running full speed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdaoust

Nov 28, 2012
Western, MA
This year I've noticed that my distribution fan seemed louder, especially the first 1/2 hour of the stove coming on.

Since I'm a basement dweller, I run the distribution fan on the highest setting while in Room Temp mode. (probe is on second floor above the stove)

I know room temp will control the distribution fan and lower it and even turn in off when desired temp is reached.

How can I tell if my distribution fan is reaching max speed? When I set it to medium vs high, I don't really feel or hear a difference. If I stand 4 feet from the stove at high vs med - the air flow seems to be the same.

If pulling the fan pretty easy?

Thanks

Surprised no one got back to you... Hopefully Harman owners will chime in.

honestly, anything above about half way seems pretty much the same to me on all the Harman units with that same blower. You may have some dust bunnies or something in there. To remove is just (2) 1/2" bolts I thinks. Its mounted at a kooky angle so the upper bolt is tough to see, but its in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.