Harman P68 gasket rope size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geez- its either 5/8" or 3/4"........im leaning to 3/4". The problem I have is I do the hearthnet thing at home and dont have access to specifics at home.

Yeah this gasket size thing is looking like Wiki material big time. Seems like the question comes up for various stoves a lot.

It seems easy to solve to me. PRINT THE GASKET SIZE IN THE FREAKIN MANUAL! That said I will probably find it in the manual now. I looked through the parts list and maintenance sections and couldn't find it. Seems fairly logical to me. What is the #1 replacement part for wood stoves? I'm willing to bet that gasket rope is in the top 3. There are many mfg's that don't list the size. I cannot figure out why.

Shane said:
It seems easy to solve to me. PRINT THE GASKET SIZE IN THE FREAKIN MANUAL! That said I will probably find it in the manual now. I looked through the parts list and maintenance sections and couldn't find it. Seems fairly logical to me. What is the #1 replacement part for wood stoves? I'm willing to bet that gasket rope is in the top 3. There are many mfg's that don't list the size. I cannot figure out why.

That's an easy one they give you their part # for the part but not the real world description so they can make money after the sale (free enterprise).
an example I have a OEM that wants to charge me a grand for a part (not related to stoves by the way) when I can get it for 100 bucks from Mcmaster carr or grainger..... :bug:
Though that does somewhat surprise me with Harman my manual tells you what each bolt size is.

Upon further reveiw of my manual they say the ash pan is a 3/8" gasket but the other gaskets they just say the total length... Ignore everything I wrote after the :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.