1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P68 gasket rope size

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Shane, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    What's the gasket size for a Harman P-68 pellet stove door?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. HarryBack

HarryBack New Member

Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    geez- its either 5/8" or 3/4"........im leaning to 3/4". The problem I have is I do the hearthnet thing at home and dont have access to specifics at home.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah this gasket size thing is looking like Wiki material big time. Seems like the question comes up for various stoves a lot.
  4. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    It seems easy to solve to me. PRINT THE GASKET SIZE IN THE FREAKIN MANUAL! That said I will probably find it in the manual now. I looked through the parts list and maintenance sections and couldn't find it. Seems fairly logical to me. What is the #1 replacement part for wood stoves? I'm willing to bet that gasket rope is in the top 3. There are many mfg's that don't list the size. I cannot figure out why.
  5. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
    That's an easy one they give you their part # for the part but not the real world description so they can make money after the sale (free enterprise).
    an example I have a OEM that wants to charge me a grand for a part (not related to stoves by the way) when I can get it for 100 bucks from Mcmaster carr or grainger..... :bug:
    Though that does somewhat surprise me with Harman my manual tells you what each bolt size is.

Upon further reveiw of my manual they say the ash pan is a 3/8" gasket but the other gaskets they just say the total length... Ignore everything I wrote after the :bug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.