Harman P68- not lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneeC

Jan 16, 2011
Eastern Shore, Maryland
I have a Harman P68 that is not lighting. My husband usually takes care of this, but he is traveling for work and I despertely need help. I just cleaned the stove and tried again, but got a 5 blink on the status light. I have read the manual, but it just says turn off and try again to reset. I have done this several times and no luck. That is when I cleaned it and still no luck. Please help.

check the cleanout cavity under the pot, and try again. Check to see if the pot is getting warm with the back of your hand...., otherwise get some firestarter gel and follow the manual lighting part of the book.

ReneeC said:
I have a Harman P68 that is not lighting. My husband usually takes care of this, but he is traveling for work and I despertely need help. I just cleaned the stove and tried again, but got a 5 blink on the status light. I have read the manual, but it just says turn off and try again to reset. I have done this several times and no luck. That is when I cleaned it and still no luck. Please help.

Is the stove feeding any pellets?

Is the igniter glowing?

Is there a manual lighting procedure in your manual?

ReneeC said:
Yes the stove is feeding pellet.
Not sure what you mean by is igniter glowing, Where do I look?

Find the igniter in the manual they get very hot in order to light the pellets.

Summit gave you one way to check if the igniter is heating up.

Usually they glow if the igniter is where you can see it you should have no trouble, if it isn't then summit's method should work.

Remove all the unburned pellets from the burn pot. Make sure you scrape any clinker buildup from the burn pot. Sometimes difficult to see, but it can clog air holes.

unplug the stove. loosen 2 wing nuts that secure the clean out below the burn pot. remove the clean out cover. using latex gloves clean all of the ash out. tap the sides of the burn pot to loosen additonal ash. run your hands over the igniter above to make sure it isn't caked (make sure ur unplugged). Assemble, plug in and try again. More than likely the ignitor is caked with ash or one of the air holes are clogged with clinkers.

Just followed all your directions. All whole look clear now and cleaned around the igniter Just turned stove back on and will see what happens. Thanks so much for the detailed directions. :)

And..... :bug:

not too hard, alot of guides right here if you do a search. Once you pull it out, check the resistance across the blades.....46-49 ohms. If you dont have continuity, its shot. The thing is, not igniting can be quite a few things........test the ignitor first!

i wont go into how to replace it, as there are GREAT instructions here, but most of the work is done from the back, not the front....yes, the two screws do hold it in, but you need to unhook the wiring harness from the rear....

light in manual, then call dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.