Harman P68 Pellet Stove Flam

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Harman

Nov 12, 2007
albany Ny
Does anyone know what the flame of a Harman p68 should look like. My dad gave me the stove this year so im new to the whole thing. The flame seem s to be very "aggressive", almost torch like. I have a small house so i installed outside air. I opted to use 3" vent pipe which is larger than the 2 3/8 pipe that you can buy from harman. is the stove getting too much air?? if so i thought the damper was contolled by the circut boeard of the stove? maybe this is normal for this brand of stove? any input would be most heplful!

Could be the combustion blower needs adjustment.
But the flame should be active when in high fire but should blow towards the back of the stove not towards the glass.
Does it change when it goes into a lower state of burning?
click the link below and see what they look like at different states of burning theres a couple of Harmans in there.

https://www.hearth.com/gallery/pics/pellet/

thanks for the quick reply!! i was comparing my flame to the flame of my mothers stove. she has a Lennox i believe. Her flame seems to be more like he flame of a fireplace. more "relaxed". Even when mine is burning low it seems to be torch like but it doesnt shoot toward the glass of the door. It is more of a straight up flame. Maybe this is normal, just not used to it yet. Also is it normal to get clumpy black ash build up on the front sides of the burn pot? I scrape it out every morning before work. I aslo noticed today when i got home and cranked the stove up, the ash that was flying around was bigger pieces than normal.? thanks for any helpful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.