littleprius Posted By littleprius, Jul 27, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littleprius

littleprius
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 27, 2006
    I am thinking about purchasing a new Harman P68 pellet stove. I would be putting the stove in the basement and venting vertically about 9 feet and then horizontally to outside. The retailer's total price for the Harman P68 delivery, set-up, installation, piping, venting, and on-site testing is $3900 with 1/2 ton of wood pallets. I would be installing a ceramic floor cover. Could you share with me your assessment if you think this is a reasonable, installed price? Thanks in advance!! :)

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Hudson, WI
    Depending on the vent run and what type of venting you are getting, If it is normal 3 or 4 inch venting out or up and out that is pretty close to what we would sell it for in Western Wisconsin

3. HarryBack

HarryBack
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 27, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Massachusetts
    here in the Northeast, a p68 wills et you back $2299-$2399, for a crated stove, all black, no artsy-fartsy trim. Install and delivery, labor only, about $350.00. Pipe.....3", with an intake thimble (made by Harman), very roughly, $500.00......total is roughly $3300.00 in our market, but that doesnt inlcude pellets, a half ton being about $130.00.....so, $3450 or so. On-site testing should be included with the install, or some call it conditioning the unit. A draft test should also be included with the install (this is important). Although I think the price is slightly high, it sounds fair, when factoring in regional price variations and competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.