harman p68 question???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chock289

Oct 6, 2009
ny
hello all,
great site, great information i was turned on by another harman owner who swears by this site.
a question if i may???/ i have harman p68 thats 4 years old and well taken care of, works great.
did through cleaning, spotless in all the right places. no start this year. igniter changed halfway through last season.
i'm getting no blinking status light, igniter light comes on, burn pot does not get hot. feeder works, new pellets.
when lite manually works fine. IS IT THE IGNITER??? CONTROL BOARD???. can any one recommed online parts place??
m local dealer is $$$$$$$ and must order everything, thanks for any help.

I'd start with an AC volt meter across the connections to the igniter. If voltage present at startup, then faulty igniter. If no voltage present at startup, something further up stream faulty.... at least you can eliminate the simple things first... :)

I agree with the Canadian. Check voltage at the igniter.

Eric

THANKS FOR THE INFO, I HAVE A VOLTMETER SO IF I GET VOLTAGE WHEN I GO TO START STOVE THE IGNITER IS BAD???
AM I UNDERSTANDING THIS CORRECLTY. THANKS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.