Harman p68 Whistle no more!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
Fourth year with the Harman. Yesterday, heard an intermittent whistle from the stove, which, within the hour, became a constant whistle. Being an avid daily reader of this forum, I knew that I was going to 1) try to really scrape the burn pot then 2) empty and vacuum out the hopper. I shut the stove down, really scraped the burnpot, started her up, WHISTLE-LESS! Just a small thanks for all the knowledge gained here!
Marina

capecod, was there any carbon buildup at the end of the auger ??

Yes, there was...I clean the stove weekly, but didn't get the carbon build up closer to the auger I assume.

might ought to yank the feed motor off the auger and give the auger a spin by hand....listen for a rub by the auger bearing....could be a chunk of sawdust stuck between the auger bearing and the end of the flights of the auger........

Status
Not open for further replies.