Harman P68 wont shut down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snodays700

Feb 9, 2009
central maine
When using my Harman P68 when it gets to temp. it keeps burning. I set the room temp to 55 and its keeps burning. and the rooms actual temp is 74. even in stove temp mode it does the same. please help

Make sure the stoves igniter is in auto not manual. Seems to be a rash of ESP failures this week.

Do u have it set to auto or manual. If it's in manual when room temp is met it goes into maintenance mode . Auto mode will allow unit to shut down completely. Mine sometimes takes an hour.. Hope that helps

Do u have it set to auto or manual. If it's in manual when room temp is met it goes into maintenance mode . Auto mode will allow unit to shut down completely. Mine sometimes takes an hour.. Hope that helps

it is in auto, it hasnt shut off all day and it has always been warmer than what the temp is set at by at least 10 deg.

Remove the rear shroud on that side & remove the zipscrew holding the ESP in place, with a 1/4" nut driver or a 1/4 magnetic hex driver.
CAREFULLY pull the ESP straight out of the exhaust port & wipe it clean. I spray some SpeedyWhite glass cleaner on a paper towel to clean mine. Then CAREFULLY insert it back into position & install the screw.

It might just be the answer. The ESP gets crudded up & the coating prevents the accurate temperature sensing operation...If you bent it AT ALL when you cleaned it from the outside, you'll have to replace it.

Right round $50. You have to make sure the wiring harnesses are the same color, so you don't have to adjust the dip switches on the control board. They wires are either red or black...

Right round $50. You have to make sure the wiring harnesses are the same color, so you don't have to adjust the dip switches on the control board. They wires are either red or black...

Where did you find a probe for $50? The one I recently bought was almost $80

Dang. Great price!

I bought My Replacement Control Board from There. Their price was a good price ($225.00).

I took out the esp sensor and cleaned it. Its now polished stainless steel. Put it back in put the stove at 55 deg. The room temp. Was 70 deg and the stove fired back up thinking it was calling for heat.
Now what do I try?

Could be the temp knob needs cleaning or replacement. Not reading the desired temp and slightly off calibration.

eBay seller has three pot switches for Harman board replacement for under $10. I just did them on a pc 45 board Saturday. Not at all hard to do if you have some soldering experience and iron etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.