1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P68 wont shut down

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by snodays700, Nov 3, 2013.

1. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    Did you have the same problem with yours? Is that why you changed them? Do I just search for Harman pot switch on ebay

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    Look for pellet stove parts on ebay and you should fall upon the vendor who sells them.
  3. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    How can you clean them?
  4. Bioburner

Bioburner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Was getting hard to find the off. Stove had been off over night only to come in in the morning to find the stove running. The switches only have so many cycles-on off.
  5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    That explains why mine doesn't shut down. I replaced only my temp knob when I did mine. Mine does go in shut down mode but the exhaust fan stays on forever. I'm sure it could be the board acting up, it wasn't the esp.
  6. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Considering that once your pulling the switches off, it's only about ten minutes, it's really not a big deal to do them all.
  7. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    Fairly ridiculous that Harman puts such cheap pots in there. My new 68 has a detent in the off position, whereas my 2012 P38 didn't. I wonder if they're using a different pot now.
  8. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    I can't seem to find p68 pot switches on ebay
  9. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
  10. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    Any idea which one for a p68
  11. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    100k, just about all harmans take the 100 but the p38 takes 50k. I just punched in Harman pellet stove in ebay and scrolled till they popped up.
  12. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    Ok so now the stove is still feeding pellets while it is in the off position. Do we still think it is the switches
  13. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Its sounds like my stove starting up on its own when in off. They are $9 for the set of three. A new ESP is $50. What is the visit from the dealer? A visit from any pro in my area is $70 to knock on the door.
  14. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    I hear you there, just seeing if it feeding after it was off would change opinion
  15. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    Had to pull the plug on my stove the morning the dealer replaced the ESP. Kept feeding. IIRC, the stove will feed a small amount on shut down IF the stove was coming off being run hard. I believe it does this to allow the burning mass of pellets in the pot to cool down, preventing excessive burn back through the auger tube. My faulty ESP was reading ALL over the place, so despite the knob being in the off position, it kept feeding "thinking" it was still ripping hot. After the ESP replacement, all is good....including the erratic distribution fan issues mentioned in others recent threads.
  16. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    I just finished taking the whole stove apart and giving it a real good cleaning. I'm going to try one last stich effort. Then start throwing parts at it. Will let you know how I make out. Thanks all for the input.
    I run it for 3 years and only had to replace the dist. Blower so I guess that's not too bad.
  17. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
    After i took the whole stove apart and fully cleaned everthing. The stove has been working great!! fingers crossed.
  18. rayttt

rayttt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    poconos pa
    Distribution after 3 yrs?

They should last a lot longer than that.
    Do you have pets?
  19. snodays700

snodays700 Member

Loc:
    central maine
  20. rayttt

rayttt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    poconos pa
    You might get a lot of cat hair buildup on the back of the (II believe combustion blower) on the back left side..it can easily get coated with hair which really blocks flow.