Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh you just made it complicated lol. how will i know which wire to get? It currently has the black wire. It is also the Harman P68 with the 3 holes at the bottom of the burn pot. from what I know it was only made 1 year or something. So I would assume the board corresponds with that.
So do I just bring in the wire and match it?
Came with the house we bought last year. stove worked for us last year no issue except for failing bearing in the distribution fan.

oh the 3 blinks came after unplugging the ESP to be sure the board would rad it correctly. never blinked before that

first thing....air holes by the auger opening? replace the burnpot before you erode your auger weldment and auger itself. Even stoves close to warrant or after have been covered by Harman for this......I really, really, REALLY suggest you do this....

If you have a black wire ESP, get a new black wire ESP (FWIW, the red wire probe was never available with the splice kit, so,I guess I knew that).......but for the heck of it, just check the #5 switch on the circuit board....if its ON, switch it to OFF for a black wire probe.....I know I am reaching here, just trying to save you $100 or so....unless youre close to me, in which case Im happy to sell you a probe...the one you have is surely broken! ;)

I HATE when I break my probe!

SininStyle, good luck getting her back up and breathing fire.

Was the probe :) up and running again $80 later. seems expensive for a turkey thermometer .

About the burn pot how would I go about getting harman to cover it?

Reactions: Lousyweather
Was the probe :) up and running again $80 later. seems expensive for a turkey thermometer .

About the burn pot how would I go about getting harman to cover it?

it does, doesn't it?! And you got a deal at $80!

it does, doesn't it?! And you got a deal at $80!
doesn't it? The holes? yeah it has the 3-4 holes right down by the auger. I have heard it was an issue before too but parts for these things don't come cheap lol. So if there is a way for Harman to cover it I am open ears :)

Do I just bring the burn pot into any local Harman shop and see if they will replace it for me?
No warranty to speak of, it came with the house. Have no idea how old or what year it is.

there should be a build plate on the back of the hopper that will tell you when to stove was built, likely was sold and installed near to that date. Warrantee is through the original dealer, and is transferable. see if they original owners left you an paperwork somewhere.

Just the manual. did not see any warranty mentioned other then stock babbling in the manual itself.

Can clearly make out the serial number on the back of the hopper but the rest is worn off or to dang small to read lol. Not a build plate though just a giant sticker it seems like.

it is small, theres usually some date boxes down on the bottom of that sticker that will have a dot on the month and a dot on the year of manufacture. The warrantee would be 6 years on the burnpot i do believe.

no worries, get some 1500 deg automotive silicone and plug the holes from underneath. just smear a bit across the holes with your finger. those holes tend to plug themselves up with carbon anyways, no just never poke them out.

Thanks, will have to search for some I guess. Far from an auto guy heheh. Appreciate all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.