Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochurchi

Nov 13, 2012
Hi all,just looking for thoughts on leaving a Harman P68 pellet stove cleaned an filled and the temp set at approx 50 degrees or less for the winter while I am in Fla. I realize that the pellets would probably not last all season but the basement hardly ever gets colder that 55.my thought is that should the power ever go out for an extended period of time ,when the power did come back the stove might help to raise the temp.

Thoughts!
Geo

If you are leaving for an extended period of time as much as I trust my Harman stoves I wouldn't do it.

If you are leaving for an extended period of time as much as I trust my Harman stoves I wouldn't do it.
Harman P 61A owner here..
my stove is only 3 months old..
I still would not run it for any period of time while I Was in Florida...[or anywhere for more than a day or so.] sounds scary to me..

Not a good idea. If spending extended time away, you might want to consider shutting down the stove and cleaning it.

Take it with you and show it off

Not a good idea. If spending extended time away, you might want to consider shutting down the stove and cleaning it.
PAIGEWI,

noticed u burn Energex...
I burned a ton and found out that Home Depot sells Stove Chows which are bagged and distributed by Energex here in Pa..
same looking pellets and they seem to burn hotter.. lower Ash also...Bag sez Whitewood so maybe a softer pellet?
cheaper than Energex.. 220.00 ton...
only complaint is the bag is very thin and easy to puncture..
I was told to Stay away from Big box stores because they only sell garbage pellets .[My stove dealer of course]

Status
Not open for further replies.