Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochurchi

Nov 13, 2012
Hi All, I went to fire up the stove for the first time this season and it shut down indicating 5 flashes of the status LED,everything seems OK,where is the ignitor located? and how can it be tested?or what else should I look for? Burn pot was filled.
Cheers!

Just a guess here but if you are asking where it is then that compartment has not been cleaned out which is likely your issue. There are two thumb screws and a metal door that comes off easily. Reach in there with your fingers and pull all of the carbon and crap out.

If it is full of junk it jams up the igniter and it will not work properly. Do some research on cleaning and read thru the manual. Ask here if you have any questions. Good Luck!

Reactions: bogieb
That stove couldn't possibly have run from 2012 till now and never had the ignitor compartment cleaned out. Well, he's been a member since 2012 anyway. Just sayin.

Hi,just an update,operator error,in the summer time I cap the fresh air make pipe and vent to prevent bee's from getting in,once I removed the cap for the vent but some forgot makeup,everything is fine, and this stove is well maintained ever season.

Hi,just an update,operator error,in the summer time I cap the fresh air make pipe and vent to prevent bee's from getting in,once I removed the cap for the vent but some forgot makeup,everything is fine, and this stove is well maintained ever season.

I did that once too ;em. Some of the members make a list of things to check before starting up the for the season and tape it to the controld or inside the hopper - someplace it will immediately be obvious. I'm not that smart and just rely on my major embarrassment at dforgetting such a basic thing to remind me :)

That stove couldn't possibly have run from 2012 till now and never had the ignitor compartment cleaned out. Well, he's been a member since 2012 anyway. Just sayin.

The dealer I bought my stove from says this is his primary problem on service calls that he sees years later. There is a lot of room in that compartment before it fills all the way up which can take some time depending on use and how many tons is why I suggested it as a starting point. I see the OP found and fixed the issue though already.

He also said the fines box is another highly overlooked area on cleans. Gotta remember many do bare minimum maintenance and refuse to read manuals and research sites like here. Not saying everyone but I'm sure there are people out there just like the ones that never check their oil or get timing belts replaced at proper intervals. They don't fix stuff until it is broken.

Glad to hear it was a forgotten maintenance issue on the fresh air... Tape a note on the underside of the hopper lid at the end of the year. Likely you won't need the reminder again since this one gave you a jolt of momentary panic:)

I always double check my vacuum line since I forget to put it back on after a cleaning...

It is kinda odd that for someone doing their own maintenance on a 4/5 year old stove not to know where the igniter is

Status
Not open for further replies.