Harman P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alstaz

Dec 29, 2010
RI
I installed a pellet stove in my finished basement. I also installed floor vents in the three bedrooms above in my ranch house. The temparature downstairs is 80-85 degrees. The temp upstairs is 60-62 degrees. There is no heat rising through the floor vents. How do I fix this problem???? The salesman assured me that this stove would heat my whole house.

You could put some small fans in the basement to force the air up. Another thought, not sure if it is correct, but if the house is very tight, I'd think there would need to be a vent as far away from the stove to let cooler air down to the basement.

Listened to the sales man! ever buy a used car? Just messing with you. Need more information - Current heating plant? Finished basement? You need a R/A on main floor to pull down the cool air to the basement and the hotter air will be drawn up threw the holes cut in the floors.
some duct work in a hall closet might do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.